Keep Your Niagara Falls Carpets Clean
85% of the soil and dirt in your carpets is dry and can be removed by vacuuming on a regular basis. Aside from getting your carpets professionally cleaned by Professional Carpet Systems in Niagara Falls, vacuuming is one of the best ways you can care for your carpet. It is always one of the easiest tasks you can perform to keep your carpets clean.
Not only does dirt and soil make your carpets look unsightly, they also damage the carpet fibers. By performing regular vacuuming you are maximizing the life and sustainability of your carpet. This means that you don’t have to replace your carpets as often.
How to Vacuum Correctly
So how can you properly keep your Niagara Falls carpets clean? There are a few tricks and tips you can follow to get the best results out of vacuuming.
- The high traffic areas of your carpet should be vacuumed more frequently than others. This includes areas that get the most foot traffic, pet areas, and play areas. Vacuum these spots daily for the best results. Vacuum medium traffic areas twice a week and light traffic areas weekly. Frequent vacuuming prevents the buildup of grainy particles from cutting your carpet fibers.
- Those attachments aren’t just for looks, use them! The hard to reach corners and edges of your carpets can be reached by using the attachments your vacuum comes with. Twice per month take extra time and you those attachments to get to those hard to reach places. Clean around your baseboards and radiators, behind your furniture, and don’t forget that ceiling fan while you are at it!
- When you have wall to wall carpeting, take your time and divide the room into sections and vacuum one section at a time.
- Vacuuming shouldn’t be a race! Take your time when you vacuum your carpet, especially if you have plush carpet. Dirt and other particles love to become deeply embedded in plush carpet and rushing over those fibers won’t give your vacuum enough time to remove those stubborn particles.
- Ensure proper airflow. When your vacuum is free of clogs and kinks its suction component works the best. If you are using a bagged vacuum make sure the bag is less than half full. If you are using a bagless vacuum do not fill the canister past the fill line. Check your filters often to ensure that smaller particles of dust are not reducing your vacuum’s suction power.
Vacuuming on a regular basis is a great way to keep your carpets clean and healthy. If your carpets are full of stubborn stains or spots and you just can’t get the clean you want from regular vacuuming call Professional Carpet Systems in Niagara Falls today! We can breathe the life back into your carpets, leaving you with a happy, healthy, and clean carpets.